Get inspired by our favorite Family Adventure Quotes to prepare for your next adventure. Road trips ignite spontaneity, curiosity, and excitement. Knowing that in a matter of hours you can be in a new place, with different landscapes and people is enough to hit the open road. Not knowing what discoveries you will make along the way is why road trips are one of the best ways to travel.
So whether you are looking for funny road trip quotes, family road trip quotes, or road trip quotes to invoke wanderlust, we have compiled the perfect list from all over the internet.
Here are 65 Of Our Favorite Family Adventure Quotes
- “Just grab a friend and take a ride together upon the open road”- A Goofy Movie
- “Are We There Yet!”- Every Child On A Road Trip
- “Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.” -Babs Hoffman
“Because the greatest part of a road trip isn’t arriving at your destination. It’s all the wild stuff that happens along the way.”-Emma Chase
- “Sometimes, the most scenic roads in life are the detours you didn’t mean to take.” – Angela N. Blount
- “It’s a road trip! It’s about adventure! It is not like we have somewhere to go.” John Green
- “Never underestimate the therapeutic power of driving and listening to very loud music.”-Unknown
- “Road trips require a couple of things: A well-balanced diet of caffeine, salt and sugar and an excellent selection of tunes-oh, and directions.”- Jenn McKinlay. Let’s not forget ROAD TRIP GAMES!
- “God made the world round so we would never be able to see too far down the road.” – Isak Dinesen
- “Please understand, I have been waiting to leave ever since I figured out that there were roads willing to take me anywhere I wanted to go.” – Unknown
- “Still, round the corner, there may wait, A new road or a secret gate.” – J. R. R. Tolkien
- “Kilometres are shorter than miles. Save gas, take your next trip in kilometres.” -George Carlin
- “And just like that, we’re on our way to everywhere” – Emery Lord
- “It is better to travel well than to arrive.” – Buddha
- “The freedom of the open road is seductive, serendipitous, and absolutely liberating.” – Aaron Lauritsen
- “The road is there. It will always be there. You just have to decide when to take it.”— Chris Humphrey
- “Oh, The places you’ll go.” Dr. Seuss
- “Always take the scenic route.” – Unknown
- “That’s why I love road trips, dude. It’s like doing something without actually doing anything.” – John Green
- “And so the adventure begins.”- Unknown
“Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.”-Unknown
- “Road were made for journeys, not destinations.” -Confucius
- “You can be writing every day. When you go on a road trip, the trip itself becomes part of the story.” – Steve Rushin
- “Look at life through the windshield, not the rearview mirror.”-Byrd Baggett
- “I take to the open road. Healthy, free, the world before me.”-Walt Whitman
- “We all have that one friend who is either on a road trip or planning a road trip or thinking about a road trip or talking to people who are on road-trip or posting quotes about road-trip.” – Crestless Wave. I am fairly confident that I am this friend.
Need A little beach inspiration? Discover these Quotes About The Beach to transport you to the sandy shorelines.
Family Adventure Road Trip Quotes
26. “It doesn’t matter how old you are, buying snacks for a road trip should always look like an unsupervised nine-year-old, given $100.”-Unknown
Need a few ideas for road trip snacks? Here are a few Road Trip Snacks To Put An End To Hanger.
27. “Sometimes, the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.” Jerry Seinfeld
28. “I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.”- Mark Twain
29. “According to the map, we’ve only gone four inches.”- Dumb & Dumber
30. “A road trip is a way for the whole family to spend time together and annoy each other in interesting new places.” – Tom Lichtenheld.
31. “The entire road trip could be summed up as one giant attempt to keep from crashing the car during fits of rage and fits of hysteria.” – Kari Martindale
32. “People don’t take trips; trips take people.” – John Steinbeck
33. “Adventure is out there.” – Up
34. “Happiness is a road trip.” – Unknown
35. “I get emotionally attached to the cars ahead of me on long road trips.” – Unknown
36. “Sometimes, all you need is a great friend and a tank of gas.”- Unknown
37. “Road trips aren’t measured by mile markers, but by moments.”- Unknown
38. “No road is long with good company.” – Turkish Proverb
39. “Some roads aren’t meant to be traveled alone” – Unknown
40. “I want to go on a road trip. Just you and me. The highway, the radio, the blue sky, the back road, and the windows down. We’ll talk about everything and nothing. We’ll sing our hearts out, and we’ll make memories we’ll never forget. Just you and me.”-Unknown
Taking a toddler on the road? Be sure to incorporate a few of our Tips For Taking A Road Trip With A Toddler.
Inspirating Family Adventure Quotes
41. “Every journey is simultaneously a beginning and an ending: I was leaving my old life behind and starting on a road trip to find a new me.” – Debi Tolbert Duggar
42. “Life is beautiful if you are on the road to somewhere.” — Orhan Pamuk
43. “To awaken alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world. You are surrounded by adventure. You have no idea of what is in store for you, but you will, if you are wise and know the art of travel, let yourself go on the stream of the unknown.” – Freya Stark
44. “Discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Prous
45. “If you open the door and an entire Target snack aisle falls out, it was a good road trip.” Consistently Curious
46. “Travel sparks our imagination, feeds our curiosity, and reminds us how much we all have in common.” – Deborah Lloyd
47. “If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet.” – Rachel Wolchin
48. “If you come to a fork in the road, take it.” – Yogi Berra
49. “My favorite thing to do is to go where I’ve never been.” – Diane Arbus
50. “The world is too big to stay in one place, and life is too short to do just one thing.”-Unknown
Motivating Road Trip Quotes
51. “Road trips are the equivalent of human wings. Ask me to go on one, anywhere. We’ll stop in every small town and learn the history and stories, feel the ground, and capture the spirit. Then we’ll turn it into our own story that will live inside our history to carry with us, always. Because stories are more important than things.”- Victoria Erickson
52. “I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.” – Douglas Adamas
53. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” – Helen Keller
54. “Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling.” – Margaret Lee Runbeck
55. “All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road.”- Jack Kerouac
56. “When all’s said and done, all roads lead to the same end. So it’s not so much which road you take, as to how you take it.” – Charles de Lint
57. “Travel far enough; you meet yourself.”-David Mitchell
58. “Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere, and sometimes in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself.”- Stacy Westfall
59. “Take care of your car in the garage, and the car will take care of you on the road.” – Amit Kalantri
60. “Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends but is played out over and over again in the quietest chambers. The mind can never break off from the journey.” – Pat Conroy
61. “I don’t know where I’m going from here, but I promise it won’t be boring.” – David Bowie
62. “Map out your future – but do it in pencil. The road ahead is as long as you make it. Make it worth the trip.” – Jon Bon Jovi
63. “I can speak to my soul only when the two of us are off exploring deserts or cities or mountains or roads.” – Paulo Coelho, Aleph
64. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
65. “I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it.” – Rosalía de Castro
Looking for more travel quotes? Here is a great list!
Exploring the US by road trips has been such an adventure. From majestic mountains, sandy beaches to stunning National Parks the US is full of exciting road trips. Here are a few of our favorite US Road Trips to help you start planning your ideal road trip.
65 Inspiring Family Adventure Quotes