Come one, come all to the incredible circus-themed playground in Sarasota, Florida. Payne Park is home to a variety of amenities but the star of the show is the playground that lets kids’ imagination take soar as they become the ringmaster of their own circus.
Sarasota has roots as a circus town since John Ringling made Sarasota the winter quarters of the Ringling Bros and Barnum and Bailey Circus. Take your circus experience to another level with a visit to the Ringling. The Ringling is home to the Museum of Art, the Circus Museum, and the Ca’D’Zan, which was the home of the Ringling family.
There are tons of Fun Things To Do With The Family In Sarasota, but this fun circus playground is not to be missed!
Where To Park At Payne Park
Payne Park has more to offer than just an incredible circus-themed playground. The park is home to a Tennis Center, Skate Park, Circus Park Cafe, and an Amphitheater.
The best area to park for the circus-themed playground is in the parking lot near the park entrance. Parking is not allowed in the circle near the entrance of the circus playground. Parking is free for park visitors.
Address: 2010 Adams LaneSarasota, FL 34236
What To Bring For A Visit To The Circus-Themed Playground
- Bring Sunscreen. The park does offer a good amount of shade, but the sun is intense in those areas that aren’t.
- Bring a swimsuit for your child or a change of clothes. Misting fans cool guests off during hot days, while the kids have the option of enjoying a small splash area.
- Stay hydrated. It can get hot so bring those water bottles.
- The park has plenty of picnic areas, including a cafe. Make a day out of it by packing a lunch.
When Is The Best Time To Visit The Circus Playground
Usually, on hot days the best time to visit is earlier in the day before the temperatures get sweltering. I recommend getting there by 9:00 am or sooner to beat the heat!
Be Your Own RingMaster
The honest truth is parenting can seem like a three-ring circus at times. Bring your circus here to burn off a lot of that pent-up energy! Whether it is a tiger tamer, getting lost in the funhouse, or pretending to be on a carnival ride, this playground will have kids rock climbing, making music, swinging, and more. Unique playgrounds like these spark the imagination and let kids become the ringmaster in their own game.
A Spot For Small Circus Fans
Within the playground is a dedicated area for toddlers and small kids. Littles will love exploring the tigers, elephants, a clown car, a small play structure, and small slides. The small splash area is right next to here.
Valuable Tips For Visiting Payne Park
- The slides can get hot! Gently remind children of this before them sliding down and burning their legs.
- Restrooms are available.
- Pets are not allowed inside the cirucs playground unless they are service animals.
- The park spreads out over 29 acres, offering a beautiful greenway, walking trails, and benches.
- The skate park has set hours of operation, be sure to check the website before arriving.
- A visit to this park is entirely free! A perfect budget-friendly activity while visiting Sarasota.
- The playground has many exits making it challenging to keep tabs on everyone.