Swimsuits are always in season when you plan to visit one of the many indoor water parks in Ohio. Splash in wave pools, zip down water slides, and lounge in hot tubs while creating memories that will last a lifetime. With attached themed hotels, these water parks make for an exciting overnight experience and have day passes for guests who can’t stay overnight.
We have partnered with Ohio. Find It Here. to help you plan the perfect spring break escape to one of Ohio’s best indoor waterparks.
Top 4 Indoor Water Parks In Ohio
Great Wolf Lodge
Having two prime locations in Ohio, Great Wolf Lodge allows families to treat their “wolf pack” to endless attractions under one roof. Guests can visit the Sandusky Lodge or the Mason Lodge (near Cincinnati) for a wild water experience with a wave pool, a four-story water fort treehouse, a lazy river, tube slides, and much more.
Overnighting in one of Great Wolf’s themed suites, such as the cave-themed Wolf Den Suite, gives your family time to enjoy all the fun amenities and activities the lodge offers. Start your morning with Yoga Tails, compete in a game of Howl at the Moon Glow Golf, make something new during Arts & Crafts, then end your evening with an epic Dance Party.
Explore the neighboring areas during your visit to Great Wolf Lodge. If in Sandusky, browse all the unique attractions in the area. We recommend visiting the African Safari Wildlife Park, Cedar Point, and viewing the lighthouses. The Mason Lodge has many wonderful attractions nearby, such as Kings Island, Cesear Creek State Park, and Fort Ancient.
Tips For Visiting Great Wolf Lodge
- Remember to grab your complimentary wolf ears at the gift shop when you arrive.
- Guests can use the waterpark as early as 1 pm on check-in day. Bring a swim bag, as your room may not be ready since check-in is at 4 pm.
- Guests can use the waterpark all day after check-out.
- Take advantage of the dance party in the Lobby at 9:30 pm.
- Complimentary life jackets are available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- If using a day pass, bring your own towel.
- Many attractions, such as Howl at the Moon Golf, MagiQuest, Ten Paws Bowling, and the arcade, cost extra.
Budget Tips For Visiting Great Wolf Lodge
- Sign Up for their emails to be notified about deals and discounts. We took advantage of their winter sale and got the Wolf Den Suite for $186 a night.
- Opt to stay a weeknight over a weekend to save.
- Great Wolf will occasionally run Groupons, especially in the winter.
- There is a MagiQuest inside the lodge. You must purchase a wand and the game, or if you have a friend who has a wand, borrow it and only pay for the game!
- There are restaurants near both Great Wolf locations if you want to leave the proper or have your meals delivered. There are restaurants at Great Wolf, but they can be pricier.
The largest of the indoor water parks in Ohio is the African- Safari-themed Kahalari Resort in Sandusky, Ohio. With 173,000 square feet sprawling with aqua adventures, your family will never be bored with all the entertainment options available.
Grab a mat and challenge three friends to a race down Cheetah Race, test your body-boarding or surfing skills on a 5-foot wave simulator, or grab the family to hop aboard their family raft ride. Adults will love the Mud Hut swim-up bar, while the tiniest guests will enjoy the Kid’s Safari with fun-sized attractions just for them.
Large families and groups should consider a stay at one of their five-bedroom Entertainment Houses. All overnight stays at the resort include admission to the waterpark, and a shuttle will take guests to and from the villas.
Kalahari is near the Great Wolf Lodge in Sandusky, giving guests plenty of great activities in the surrounding area. On warmer days, explore Put-In-Bay, plan an afternoon at one of Lake Erie’s beautiful beaches, or go shopping at one of the charming boutiques in town.
Tips For Visiting Kahahari
- Check-in time begins at 4:00 pm. Should you arrive as early as 10:00 am, you can pre-register and begin to enjoy the waterparks.
- Check-out is no later than 11:00 am. After you have checked out, you can stay until 3:00 pm in the waterpark.
- In addition to the indoor waterpark, during the summer, the outdoor waterpark is also open for guests to enjoy.
- If you plan on utilizing the spa services or restaurants at Kalahari, make reservations before you arrive.
- Sortino’s Italian Kitchen is on Open Table for easy reservations. It will be one less thing to worry about once you arrive.
- Kids under 48″ have to wear a lifejacket for all Kalahari water attractions.
- Swim diapers are required for all children under the age of 3 and those who are not toilet-trained.
- They have gone CASHLESS, meaning they only accept credit and mobile payments.
- Get even more tips on visiting Kalahari Resort.
Budget-Friendly Tips For Visiting Kalahari Resort
As with many families, budget often comes into play while planning adventures. If you are considering visiting Kalahari, here are a few ways to quickly save a little money while still enjoying all the fun Kalahari has to offer.
- Join The Mailing List- They will send out deals with discounts.
- Bring your own meals or order from nearby restaurants
- Consider buying a day pass. Day passes are good for both indoor and outdoor waterparks.
Book During Kalahari Family Nights
Kalahari Family Nights are special rates on special dates at the Kalahari Resort in Wisconsin Dells and Sandusky, Ohio. These special deals are available for anyone who signs up in the “Don White Block.”
The “Don White Block” is a special room block at the Kalahari not available to the general public. A limited number of rooms are set aside at a rate well below the regular Kalahari rates. Learn more about the Kalahari Family Nights.
Splash into the newly reimagined Castaway Bay in Sandusky, Ohio. Cedar Point’s freshly renovated indoor waterpark and hotel is Ohio’s all-new family aqua adventure! Explore all the exciting activities on the property with the help of Castaway Bay’s mascot Gordy and friends.
Castaway Bay is the ideal getaway for families with children under ten. Playful touches such as interactive character doors, character meet-n-greets, and an abundance of kid-friendly waterpark activities are a few reasons we put Castaway Bay in our top indoor waterparks in Ohio.
At check-in, guests receive the story of Gordy and how Castaway Bay came to be. The entire hotel becomes part of the story, starting with your hotel room. The rooms are bright and cheery, with special touches made for families in mind. Each floor is themed to match an island setting – Air, Land, and Sea. When you enter the room or “habitats,” you are met by Castaway Bay’s group of loveable, colorful island animals. Themed “Special Touches” will help immerse you into the world and story of Castaway Bay.
The fun continues beyond the indoor waterpark. Guests will enjoy live music, Gamer’s Grotto Arcade, Black Light Mini-Golf, Tiki Mini-Bowling, and other activities.
Tips For Visiting Castaway Bay
- Grab a Pathfinders Adventure Packet at the front desk. It is full of activities that send kids all over the hotel.
- Life jackets are available at the waterpark.
- There is NO shuttle to Cedar Point from Castaway Bay.
- I found the breakfast buffet at High Tide Cafe overpriced. There are many great breakfast options nearby for a fraction of the cost. However, for convenience, you can’t beat it. We brought portable breakfast foods to keep in our room fridge, then got coffee at Rocket’s Market.
- Guests are required to wear wristbands to enter the waterpark. You will have to purchase another if one is lost or broken.
- The hotel offers free wi-fi and free parking.
- Many of the extra activities are an additional cost, such as the mini-golf and escape room.
Budget-Friendly Tips For Visiting Castaway Bay
- Look on their website to see what deals or specials they are offering.
- Consider going on a weekday. Weekdays typically have lower prices.
- Get on the mailing list and keep your eyes peeled for flash deals and discounts.
Other Indoor Water Parks In Ohio Worth Exploring
A few other indoor waterparks are scattered throughout Ohio, which are often more affordable and less crowded. While they don’t offer all the attractions, such as a wave pool, these water attractions are always a hit with the kids.
Splash Harbor – Bellville, Ohio
The Comfort Inn Splash Harbor has a water slide, water spray ground, a family whirlpool, an indoor pool, and more. If you have younger kids, this is a great option, as the overnight guests can enjoy the complimentary breakfast each morning.
Planning Tip: Day Passes are offered Monday to Thursday from 12 pm to 6 pm.
Tucked away in Cuyohago Falls is the Natatorium. The Aquatic Center provides fitness and recreation choices for the whole family, including four pools holding almost 400,000 gallons of water! Come splash around in the spray features, dive, and slide during open swim hours. Day passes are available during open swim hours.
Medina Rec Center
Another great Natatorium that offers day passes is the Medina Rec Center—featuring a leisure pool, Thunder Falls Water Slide, and a Jungle Cove Splash. The Jungle Splash Area consists of a lion slide, a 55-gallon dump bucket, rain features, two water guns, and lights and sounds.
Westerville Community Center
Guests of all ages will love a visit to the Westerville Community Center. Guests can purchase day passes to enjoy the leisure pool and water playground. The water playground features mini dueling slides, tube slides, fountains, and a 158-gallon water bucket for their splash zone.
The Leisure pool offers zero-depth entry, lap lanes, and a swimming area. Check Westerville Community Center’s schedule for when their aquatic area is open and day pass costs.
For more spring break inspiration on wonderful trips to take in Ohio, check out Ohio. Find Here!
Pin It For Later